- Mats Sundin isn't sure yet whether trading Bryan McCabe to Florida is a good move for the Leafs, since the deal was only worked out three weeks ago.
(If you ever end up in a car with Sundin, make sure you've got a lot of snacks and bottled water -- just in case he comes upon a fork in the road.)
- Toronto is stealing the NFL's Bills, but Buffalo could end up getting the Blue Jays' top farm club in exchange. If giving Buffalo a minor-league baseball team in exchange for the Bills seems like just an average trade, remember, it is Toronto.
- It's inaccurate to say the Atlanta Braves' 16-14 win over Florida Marlins last night was "by a football score." The Falcons or Dolphins would never score that many points.
- Patriots coach Bill Belichick was quoted saying the other day, "We will give you the injury report on Friday. We will give you the practice report after we practise."
Shame on any of you for tacking on, "But if you want the other team's defensive signals, we're keepin' that to ourselves."
- Taking a quarterback in the first round of the NFL draft is just a bad idea.
- Talk on the web is that there was supposed to be a special shootout after the Kingston Frontenacs' first exhibition game against Peterborough on Monday, but Larry Mavety pulled his team off the ice.
This is the first time the Frontenacs organization has ever shown a blatant disregard for fans, not counting the past 10 seasons.
- Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is said to "understand Canadian issues." That puts her one up on Stephen Harper and Stephane Dion.
- It's not sports, but English teachers should show this clip from CNN just to teach the meaning of obfuscate:
Semi-halfway interesting, but not three-quarters interesting:
- Gatineau Olympiques grad, goalie Ryan Mior, could get a contract from the Columbus Blue Jackets.
- Speaking of Alaska Gov. Palin, she wouldn't be the first prominent female politician who was an avid athlete, but she is a Title IX baby: "I can't imagine where I'd be without the opportunities provided to me in sports. Sports taught me that gender isn't an issue; in fact, when people talk about me being the first female governor, I'm a little absent from that discussion, because I've never thought of gender as an issue."
- What would have happened to Boobie Miles of Friday Night Lights fame (he was the real-life Smash Williams) if he'd been born 20 years later?