- NBC's Olympic coverage had the best Saturday-night audience since, wait for it, a 1990 episode of the sitcom Empty Nest.
Sadly, the guy who made that show, David Leisure, wasn't able to pop the champagne the way the 1972 Miami Dolphins do when the last unbeaten NFL team loses. He figured he shouldn't drink on the job until he's done his probationary period at Outback Steakhouse.
- Notre Dame fans probably aren't too upset that Forbes rated Charlie Weis as the third-most overpaid coach in college football. They know the Irish are always higher in the rankings than they should be -- especially in August.
- It was nice to see that Jays GM J.P. Ricciardi got out to Fenway Park on Saturday and Sunday to watch his favourite team play. It's just too bad the Red Sox lost both games.
- It's one thing for Asian women to dominate the LPGA, but who knew that there was a top golf official in Canada named On Too Long?
The guy who presented the trophy at the Canadian Women's Open might still be talking.
- That guy who was killed at a firing range at the West Edmonton Mall? To rip off a line from late, great Bill Hicks, "I don't think we lost the cancer cure."
- It's understandable to not have any room for gray areas with Michael Vick, but after reading about how he's been ripped off, it's hard not to feel empathy.
- Last but not least, it's a bringdown to get an e-mail with " to in the out find and line subject Twins? Football SEC of Playboy pulchritude, but this still tickled the giggly.
Wilson Ramos Will Seek Four To Five Year Contract
2 minutes ago