- The Angels aren't the best team in baseball, but they did get Mark Teixeira. No one talks about it, but Vlady Guerrero, former Expos star, former AL MVP, hasn't got it done in the post-season, so the Angels desperately needed a power bat.
- Did anyone actually go to the Hall of Fame induction weekend? The combo of high gas prices and a lack of readily identifiable inductees made Cooperstown a ghost town. It serves them right for not voting in Tim Raines. (The Hardball Times has a hunch he'll make it by his 15th year on the ballot, 2022.)
- Veteran baseball writer Hal McCoy is a bit crusty.
- How does the Rays pulling a Joba and bringing up phenom David Price to be a middle reliver sound to you?
- It's a couple days old, but the local paper in Wisconsin had a good profile on Seattle Mariners bonus baby Phillippe Aumont working to overcome his rough start in life.
Oettinger slams the door; BU blanks BC
1 hour ago