Rogers Sportsnet correspondent Roger Millions avoided discipline after his 10-letter expletive went out on the air last week.
Everyone realizes to err is human. The good people at EGALE haven't even said much about a homophobic epithet being broadcast. It was a team goof, but Millions should be more careful. In the spirit of the thing, here are 10 slang words or phrases he could consider bringing back.
10. "Feck!" It was good enough for Zooey Deschanel in Almost Famous.
9. "Oh, cripes!" It brings to mind all sorts of unlucky dudes throughout history, even though we all know there's no such thing as luck.
8. "Honky doodle." For people who can't bring themselves to say "holy doodle."
7. "Sweet sassy molassy!"
5. "Gretzky!" (Thank you, Kevin Smith.)
4. "Aw, hamburgers." Inspired by Butters Stotch from South Park (at around 2:10).
3. "Devil's fart!" (Caddyshack.)
2. "Tabernac," but said in a real Anglo way.
1. "Awwww ... at least no one watches Sportsnet."
No. 9 Washington Beats Arizona 35-28 in Overtime
33 minutes ago