That's the modern way, isn't it? You have to give overly opinionated types an outlet to put their money where their mouths are (as long as it's discretionary income and not the milk-and-egg money, right, he winked). A couple of faves, after the jump:
- Mostly likely to play for the Packers? 1-1
- Most likely to play for the Vikings? 2-1
- Most likely to play for the Chicago Bears? 2-1
- Join ABC/ESPN broadcasting team? 1-2
- Join NBC broadcasting team? 5-1
- Coach Pop Warner football? 5-1
- Coach NCAA football? 100-1
- Run for political office in Wisconsin? 100-1
- In Green Bay? 65-1
- Most likely to play for the Patriots? 750-1
Daily Norseman, the Leroy Hoard of Vikings blogs, already noted a couple days ago that it would be semi-halfway nightmarish if Favre went to Minnesota and the Vikes went to the Super Bowl. Sure, they would be in the big game for the first time since the week after I was born (really), but the media coverage would be All About Brett. It wouldn't be about, to carry out the fantasy, Adrian Peterson rushing for 2,000 yards this season or Jared Allen setting a single-season sacks record without an opposing quarterback taking a dive for him in the final week of the season, in a non-passing situation.
Then again, if there's anything Vikings fans can understand, it's irony -- what other team's fans would put together a video that plays off a speech from a presidential candidate who's a Bears fan?
Hey, if the U.S. is ready to elect an African-American president, maybe the Vikings are ready for a Super Bowl (OK, not really on the latter).
The Favre situation (Access Vikings)