- Pride goeth before the fall, but enough about T.J. Ford in the fourth quarter for the Raptors last night in Utah. Like Dinosty says, you don't want to "waste brainpower" on these guys, since they sure haven't lately.
The sun will still come up tomorrow and they'll still have cap room in the summer.
- Right on time for the NCAA Tournament, Bill James reintroduces his equation for figuring out whether a college basketball game is over.
- Just sayin': Barry Bonds is unsigned and the Seattle Mariners, who have a clear run at the L.A. Angels in the AL West, are going with washed-up Jose Vidro at DH.
- Those Rogers kioskes at the Air Canada Centre, one imagines, are part of a nice little quid pro quo. Rogers Sportsnet has dropped their NBA package, which will make it that much harder for hoops junkies to resist getting Raptors NBA TV and lining MLSEL's pockets.
Sportsnet will surely find some quality programming -- as soon as Fox Sports Net tells them what it will be.
- Sports Illustrated is introducing "a free online service called the SI Vault, a database consisting of all SI articles and pictures." So you can re-read Frank DeFord, Dan Jenkins or Gary Smith for nothing. Meantime, elsewhere it's expected people will pay for a three-week-old 425-word newspaper story.
Wings fogged in, this time literally
1 hour ago