Friday, September 29, 2006

WEEK'S OVER: ENJOY EVERY SANDWICH

"You cheered, cried, maybe even had a cheap laugh or two." "I know I did." "There's the possibility that, by the end of the week we'll all be going to hell." "I'll you see there, Tom."

That's the kind of week it was 'round here:

Thanks to T-Emo, that wimpy wideout (so it wasn't a suicide attempt... he's still a mope), the Dallas Cowboys are America's Team again.

The one and only Chris Thomas retired from the Simcoe Reformer, and part of my early adulthood was lost forever.
Should we really be happy that the Blue Jays might finish second?

We learned Leafs fans will forgive Tie Domi for just about anything, and we got a gauge of what constitutes Belinda Stronach's idea of slummin'.

NFL picks, and CIS football picks. By the way, the Laval Rouge et Or's star kicker from Brantford, Ont., may be kicking ass, along with plenty of field goals, but that doesn't mean his hometown paper will notice, not until the Vanier Cup anyway.

Hey, they have the same last name as me! There's a new blog called Donning Craig Sager's Suit. What isn't so funny is that there's a Sager charged in the shooting of the Duquesne basketball players.

Rob Brodie's column in today's Ottawa Sun notes that Rogers Sportsnet's Ian Mendes thinks the Atlanta Thrashers (!) can win the Stanley Cup. We know all about Mr. Mendes' alleged wisdom.

The Daily Show added to Carl Monday's swollen legend. As Deadspin mused, where would we have been if poor Mike Cooper hadn't worn that Ohio State jacket?

All my favourite football teams -- Vikings, Golden Gaels, Toronto Argonauts and whoever was playing Notre Dame -- lost last weekend, but the sun still came up and nobody died. At least Fox chose a Warren Zevon song as bumper music.

Oh, and get ready for the Colb-Eagle this weekend in Saginaw (possibly). As for major junior hockey, yours truly plans to check out the No. 2-ranked Kingston Frontenacs on Sunday. This will not be like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall... The entire day, I kept saying, 'I'll go a little later, I'll go a little later...' And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

Have an average weekend. Send your thoughts to neatesager@yahoo.ca.

No comments: