Thursday, March 05, 2009

John Candy, legend

Yesterday was the 15th anniversary of John Candy's death. Greater minds could come up with a Top 5 J.C. moments. Personally, the water-skiing scene in The Great Outdoors ("You bastard! You bastard!" ... "What did he say?" ... "Faster, faster!) always tops "those aren't pillows!" from Planes, Trains and Automobiles, or anything from the Melonville oeuvre.

Anyway, John Candy telling Dave Letterman being grand marshal of Oktoberfest and owning a farm, pretty sweet.









3 comments:

Andrew Bucholtz said...

Love John Candy. My favourite role of his was as Barf in Spaceballs:
"I'm a mog: half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend!" The Great Outdoors was another classic.

sager said...

Don't forget:

"He says we're going the wrong way..."
"Oh, he's drunk. How would he know where we're going?"

René Riva said...

Hi. This is a nice (and also sad) post about John Candy. You guys might like my blog about John which I quite recently started. Everyone's welcome to become a follower. Best wishes, René. http://johnfcandy.blogspot.com.