Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Celebrating excellence - How un-Canadian

Jeremy Wotherspoon, Kristina Groves, Clara Hughes, Denny Morrison, Christine Nesbitt and Cindy Klassen.

There, when I write about all the medals the above folks win in Vancouver no one can accuse me of "only paying attention every four years." I'll just pull this post up and say "See, I've been talking about them forever.

We all should be. Coming of a season where they won more medals than any other country in the world, the Canadian speed skating team is setting itself up to be the story of the 2010 Olympics.

But, first they have to win a boat load more World Cup medals in the 2008-09 season, which starts this weekend in Germany. Don't worry, I'll be sure to lecture you about why you should care tell you all about it all year in this spot!

(Have I mentioned that Clara Hughes should light the flame in Vancouver?)

No comments: