- Jerry Seinfeld is getting $10 million from Microsoft to be a pitchman for Vista. Michael Richards would have done it for free café lattes.
- The president of the Vancouver Canucks is a rumoured investor in a store that sells nothing but flip-flops. If anyone knows about flops ... nah, too obvious.
(OK, obviously a NHL exec knows something about business, but Flip Flop Shops? Didn't stock in Crocks take a nosedive because people buy one pair and it lasts them for years?)
- NFL players' union boss Gene Upshaw, is dead at 63, but Kissing Suzy Kolber still managed to joke about it. (Seriously, it's a stunner for someone so accomplished.)
- The Syracuse football team wasn't the first ones to see the biopic about Orange great Ernie Davis. (Of course, does SU want the reminder of when they had a relevant football team?)
- IOC boss Jacques Rogge is a fine one to talk about Usain Bolt respecting the Olympic ideal.
- You're not the only one with a thing for Canada's bronze medal hurdler, Priscilla Lopes-Schliep (although, seriously, obsessing and chewing over the Hottest Female Athletes is so 2005).
- Sir, obviously you need to experience the the Stoned Olympics: There's a note on Pro Football Talk that begins, "We just saw Jamaica’s Usain Bolt set the world record in the 200-meter dash. And the first thing that came to mind was this. How fast would he be if he hadn’t spent much of his life breathing second-hand marijuana smoke?"
That's a little bit too far right there, the stereotype.
- Last but not least, look at this still from Zack & Miri Make A Porno and try not to smile.