Thursday, June 19, 2008

OOLF Hot Audio: ZOMG!

Some may know that my current claim to fame is as the host of Kingston, Ontario's most listened to hourlong sports talk show, Offsides, a show whose ratings have been boosted immeasurably (in that we don't measure them) since the addition of the up-and-coming Neate Sager to its regular roster of roundtable guests.

Since nobody listens to that show, but I've nonetheless somehow wrangled interviews with some of the sports media's biggest names (well, really just Mike Toth, Mike Wilner, and a bunch of writers and broadcasters who cover CIS football), I figured it might be something close to worthwhile to share some of that with a broader audience who might not otherwise be searching for the archives of college radio sports shows.

On this edition of Out of Left Field Hot Audio, the Toronto Star's Chris Zelkovich shares the history of his sports media column, as well as some insight on the CBC and some of the country's prominent media figures. We also touch on the recent Brad Fay/Maria Sharapova controversy on this blog. You'll notice my question about that is really brief and sounds edited. Mostly because it was, as I edited out my mistakenly saying Martina Navratilova. High larious.

5 comments:

Robert C. said...

We edit out mistakes? Uh oh, we're ruining the illusion of live radio. :)

Duane Rollins said...

Live to tape baby. Live to tape.

Tyler King said...

True story: When I first typed this, I typed Anna Kournikova instead of Maria Sharapova.

Ian Hunter said...

I still don't really think Brad Fay was incredibly in the wrong for doing that. I agree it was definitely out of character for Fay, I could've seen Toth or Portuando doing that for sure.

Tyler King said...

Toth is never that crass. Sometimes inappropriate but never to the vulgar level.