Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Weight loss update

Fourteen months into my commitment to health, diet and fitness, I've lost 65 pounds (319 to 254) and cut my body-fat percentage by nearly half (43 per cent to 23 per cent!).

Thanks to everyone for their support. Undying thanks to the three great trainer at GoodLife Fitness, Danielle Barkhouse, Erika Blais and especially Janet Alexander. They've made working out fun and only a little painful.

Next challenge is the South Ottawa Raceday on Sept. 30, already signed up for my second 5K. Also plan on tackling my first 10K on Father's Day 2013 at the Alterna Ultimate Run.

Incidentally, I am posting personal posts over at my new Tumblr, Drive-By Arguments.

7 comments:

Superfun Happy Slide said...

Congrats man! That's a lot of sweat equity.

Although, someone should have told you, Aprile was released by his CFL club. Sorry man, looks like there's another nail in coffin of the 'Big Yellow Guys' comeback.

sager said...

How would getting their best receiver and return man back for this season hurt Queen's, exactly?

Oh well. At least Western didn't have their leading rusher transfer and tell the media before he bothered to tell his coach and teammates.

Oh wait. Enjoy Year 18 of your Vanier Cup drought.

Superfun Happy Slide said...

My comment was poorly worded.

I meant that YOU might have a little more trouble cracking the starting line-up, with Aprile probably coming back; a play on your new-found fitness level.

Sadly, when one has to explain a joke . . . it probably wasn't very good in the first place.

Nevertheless, congrats on the having all the hard work pay off and never letting go of your purple wanna-be pride.

sager said...

Well, now I feel like a jerk! Yeah, we've joked about that. First I was coming back as an O-lineman, then it was D-line ... some are joking D-back, but I think blocking back/special teamer is all I can hope for now. My hands are too small to long-snap.

And hey, if the Gaels can't win the Yates, may the Mustangs take it.

Ian Hough said...

Will check out that tickets link for 2012 Cowboy Classic. Ticket Liquidator looks like a reputable firm.

Superfun Happy Slide said...

Finally, after all these years . . .

Now that I've finally got an apology out of you . . . you should know . . .

When the wind blows . . . the name you hear on it . . .

. . . d'angelo . . .

Please don't respond. This moment is already too perfect.

cheap lapel pins said...

Hi,i have read your whole blog,its very amazing,i am impressed.i have bookmark your site for revisit.if ever you need then please contact
me.Thanx dear.