Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Takin' Care of Business!

Straight from the horse's mouth it's official, Jose Calderon celebrated Canada Day by letting its basketball fans know that the budding all star would be staying here in Toronto - despite the countless reports on ESPN that many suitors were coming after his services, and may even outbid the Raptors. From Jose's blog here's what he wrote:

Early this morning, through my agents, I reached a preliminary agreement with the Toronto Raptors. I want to thank Bryan Colangelo, Maurizio Gherardini, Sam Mitchell and all of the Raptors family for the confidence that they have placed in me. I am sure that together we are going to achieve big things in the future.

José Manuel Calderón
One less thing to worry about with the NBA's own version of their Free Agent Frenzy up and running. And if you're a Canadian basketball fan, one more reason to sit back and enjoy the holiday!

No comments: