Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It's not beyond satire

There is a more in-depth post to come about journeywoman tennis player Ashley Harkleroad posing for Playboy, but in the meantime, here's a satirical take. 
"51-year-old Martina Navratilova told SSNN that she would be willing to bare all, provided that the shoot was handled in a way she deemed appropriate.
" 'Hef reached out to me, and I told him if he comes up with an artistic plan we can talk about it. If what they want me to do is classy enough, I’d consider it,' the tennis legend said. 'The female body is a beautiful thing, and I imagine there are plenty of people out there who want to see mine.' "
Not to be total downer about it (OK, maybe a little), but the actual Martina Navratilova might have something to say about Harkleroad selling out her sport by posing in a skin mag.

Related:
Navratilova also considering Playboy offer (Serious Sports News Network)

No comments: