- Who made less solid contact last night? The Blue Jays batters or the Senators defencemen?
- Best Dave Schreiber-ism conveying the disgust of the Sens not-so-faithful: "Schubert didn't have a lane, but he shot it anyway."
- On the topic of the Jays are their runner-stranding ways, Mike Wilner has the hard evidence for anyone who still believes in sacrifice bunts (not that they'll listen).
- The Royal Canadian Air Farce got cancelled and Nickelback's Chad Kroeger got a DUI conviction, both on April Fools' day.
- It must be the withdrawal symptoms from being on vacation this week and not writing the regular Sun column -- have to pass along word that a standout basketball player from the Valley, 6-foot-5 Brendan King from Petawawa, has committed to play at Lakehead next season. Players from a school of 387 students (General Panet) don't get recruited every day.
(This was supposed to have been posted much earlier; computer problems and real life, you know.)