- Far be it to suggest that being a Leafs fan and living on a street that has the same name as a legendary Montreal Canadien ratchets up the spite -- but a house on Beliveau St. was flying a Leafs flag. That had better have been up before last night.
- A half-Senators, half-Canadiens shirt hung in a car window. Everyone else has to make a choice, so do you, pal.
- Mirtle, for probably not the last time, reiterated that it's not Ray Emery's fault.
- A friend, over lunch, relating how he tried to see if he could get his drink in something other than a Senators cup at Subway the other day. "No," he was told. "We have 500 of these to get rid of."
- A father and his four- or five-year-old daughter out for a walk; it looked straight out of a Church of Latter-Day Saints PSA until his red hat and forlorn expression gave him away.
Brewers Outright Kirk Nieuwenhuis
7 minutes ago