Friday, January 19, 2007

HOW CAN YOU TELL? I'M JUST ONE OF THE OUT-OF-FOCUS GUYS!

It wasn't exactly an Almost Famous moment.

Or you could say, "Hey, Herbie Stempel in Quiz Show, keep it to yourself for a change. We get it. You know a lot of pointless trivia about sports. At least wait until after the show is over next time."

Doing some writing this morning and needing something to ignore, I had The Team 1200's 9 a.m.-12 noon show. Glenn Kulka and his sidekick Lee Versage were talking about much-maligned former Ottawa goalie Patrick Lalime being sent to the AHL team in Norfolk, Va., and Kulka -- big surprise here -- expressed confusion over what had become of the East Coast league team that used to be in that area, the Hampton Roads Admirals.

Knowing the answer, and being an idiot, of course an explanation was fired off. Lo and behold, about 30 minutes later they decided to read the e-mails. It must have been a slow day, since they read mine.

Versage: "This is from (long pause) ... I can't pronounce this... Nee-tay? I'm going to go with Neat."

For the record, it's Nate, and someday people will know how to pronounce it, and Kulka said it "made my weekend" to know that the old Hampton Roads ECHL team and Norfolk AHL team are essentially the same franchise that just changed leagues. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go beat my head against a wall for forty-five minutes.

That's all for now. Send your thoughts to neatesager@yahoo.ca.

No comments: